Through collaboration with some of the best professionals within the industry, S. Harris Financial Group provides clients with consummate financial advice. The advisors at S. Harris Financial Group are proud to be a part of the network of independent advisors affiliated with Raymond James Financial Services, a Florida-based diversified holding company that provides financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies. Client assets total approximately $604 billion*.
Raymond James’ longstanding commitment to prudent management, careful planning and placing client needs ahead of all else is more important than ever before.
Why Raymond James: the proof is in the actions…
In 1962, Bob James set out to build a different kind of financial services firm – one that would focus long-term planning instead of simply placing trades, one that would remain uncompromisingly moderate through market highs and lows, and one that would always put clients and the advisors who serve them first. And now, after more than 50 years of integrity, independence and innovation, Bob’s different kind of firm is one of the leading independent financial services companies in the United States.
Raymond James has grown to become a well-respected, widely recognized multinational firm with distinct business units that serve a variety of clients, from individuals and small business owners to municipalities and major corporations.
- 1983: Raymond James is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, symbol RJF.
- October 19, 1987: Black Monday. While other firms closed their trading desks to minimize internal losses, Raymond James kept its desks open to meet clients’ needs. Because of Raymond James’ agency-based business model and commitment to client service, this was the first, last and only unprofitable quarter since the firm went public in 1983.
- 2008: Raymond James is one of the few firms to remain stable and profitable through the economic downturn.
- 2013: Raymond James reaches its 100th consecutive quarter of profitability, which has now reached over 113 consecutive quarters (over 28 years) of profitability.1
By the numbers*
- Approximately 7,100 financial advisors
- More than 2.9 million client accounts
- Over 2,800 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas
- Approximately $604 billion in total client assets
Further, Raymond James is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). A brochure is available at sipc.org or by calling (202) 371-8300. Raymond James has purchased excess-SIPC coverage through various syndicates of Lloyd’s of London. The additional protection currently provided has an aggregate firm limit of $750 million, including a sub-limit of $1.9 million per customer for cash above basic SIPC limits for the wrongful abstraction of customer funds. Account protection applies when a SIPC-member firm fails financially and is unable to meet obligations to securities clients, but it does not protect against market fluctuations.
Raymond James has been recognized nationally for its community support and corporate philanthropy. The company has been ranked as one of the best in the country in customer service, as a great place to work and as a national leader in support of the arts.
For more information about Raymond James Financial, visit raymondjames.com.
*As of 9/30/2016
1Past performance is not indicative of future results. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell Raymond James Financial stock.